The safety and well-being of Dogwoods’ guests and resident pets is our highest priority. In order to achieve this, a variety of terms and conditions must be complied with in order to board your pet with us.
For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the following terms are defined as follows;
‘Dogwoods’ – relates to the Dogwoods Country Kennels and associated staff
‘Owner’ – represents the owner of the pet or owner’s representative who is acting lawfully on their behalf
‘Pet’ – any pet to be boarded at Dogwoods Country Kennels ‘Arrival/departure’ – refers to handover of pet at Dogwoods’ facility
‘Collection/delivery’ – refers to handover of pet at location other than Dogwoods’ facility.
1. Owner understands that Dogwoods is not a veterinary medical facility and pets requiring post-operative overnight monitoring, or care beyond oral medications and non-invasive treatments would not be able to receive the care they need.
2. Owner agrees to notify Dogwoods of any medical/behavioral issues that would influence the manner in which the pet is cared for or handled. All pets must be desexed to board at Dogwoods.
3. Pets requiring special handling (services beyond Dogwoods standard boarding care) may incur additional fees dependent upon the issue. This must be disclosed at time of making a booking.
4. Pets ineligible for group housing, group activities and pack socialization will be charged an additional $20.00 per day in order to receive a minimum of 2 hours structured exercise separate from all other pets.
5. Owner understands that an additional fee will be incurred for the conveying of pets to a designated veterinary clinic for appointments pre-arranged by the owner. In such cases a miscellaneous fee of $60 per hour will apply.
6. Dogwoods may require that pets presented for boarding have veterinary clearance for boarding. This may apply to pets that are ‘senior’ or ‘geriatric’ or have other medical conditions.
7. Owner represents that pet is healthy and has not been exposed to any known communicable disease(s) within the 21 day period prior to boarding. Owner agrees to disclose to Dogwoods all known medical conditions and/or behavioural issues, which may affect pet’s care prior to arrival/collection. Owner shall inform Dogwoods of any changes in pet’s condition and behaviour at or prior to arrival/collection for all subsequent boarding stays.
8. Dogwoods specifically requires all pets be vaccinated against communicable diseases prior to boarding. Dogwoods reserves the right to refuse admittance to any pet that shows signs of illness or that does not meet Dogwoods vaccine requirements. Despite these precautions, Owner acknowledges that Owner’s pet will be in an environment with other pets during boarding, and understands that any pet may harbor and spread a communicable disease. Owner releases Dogwoods from, and waives all claims and liability against Dogwoods for, all losses, damages, costs and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, any communicable disease contracted by Owner’s pet during boarding.
11. Owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for services provided by Dogwoods at time of departure or delivery of pet, unless prior arrangements have been made with Dogwoods.
12. Owner understands that a full-day boarding fee is charged on day of pet’s arrival/collection.
13. On day of departure, Owner understands that a full-day boarding fee will be charged.
14. Arrival/collection and departure/delivery of pets outside of normal business hours (10am to 2pm) will only occur with prior arrangement.
15. Cancellation of bookings by Owner with less than 48 hours notice prior to expected arrival, will incur a fee equal to the value of the original booking. Where booking is modified to a shorter period than than originally contracted, any discount rates that may have applied may be rescinded at the discretion of Dogwoods, and standard day tariffs will apply.
16. Owner understands that if pet is not collected (or arrangements made to be delivered) within 14 days after the pet is scheduled for departure, and Owner has not pre-arranged a longer boarding stay, pet shall be deemed abandoned (Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979). In such a case, Dogwoods has the right to place the pet in a suitable new home. The Owner shall remain liable for all associated boarding fees and additional expenses associated with re-homing.
17. Owner who fails to pay for all fees and charges associated with their pet’s stay at Dogwoods will also be fully liable for all costs incurred by Dogwoods associated with recovery of the debt. Outstanding Invoices attract a penalty interest rate of 22% pa calculated daily.
18. Dogwoods shall exercise due and reasonable care for each pet while boarding (including period of transport, if applicable). Under this reasonable care, Owner releases Dogwoods from, and waives all claims and liability against Dogwoods for, or attributable to, injury or illness of pet. Owner agrees that Owner shall be solely reponsible for any and all acts and behaviour of pet while it is in the care of Dogwoods. This includes damage to boarding facilities and property.
19. Owner releases Dogwoods from, and waives all claims and liability against Dogwoods for, damage, or loss of, personal equipment or belongings provided by owner for pet during boarding. No breakable items (ie glass, ceramics etc) will be allowed in boarding facility. Items not collected at time of check-out/delivery will be donated if not collected within 1 month of check-out/delivery date, unless prior arrangements are made.
20. Owner understands that Dogwoods reserves the right to refuse service at its discretion.
21. This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this contract shall be binding on their heirs, administrators, personal representatives, and assigns of the Owner and Dogwoods.